Los Angeles County is prone to a variety of natural hazards. Use this page to identify local hazards and prepare your family and community.
- Find your local hazards through Cal OES MyHazards - https://myhazards.caloes.ca.gov
- Find out if your home or workplace is located in a federally-mapped flood zone - https://msc.fema.gov/portal/home
- Find out if your home or workplace is located in a wildfire risk area - https://wildfirerisk.org
- For free multilingual materials on how to prepare for a disaster, visit the Listos California Resource Hub - https://www.listoscalifornia.org/resources/?_resource_topics=mental-health
- For additional information and resources, visit the Institute for Sustainable Development’s Resilience Help Desk - https://www.isdus.org/resilience-help-desk
- For more information about earthquake preparedness, check out the podcast “The Big One” https://laist.com/podcasts/the-big-one